Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Loving Chevrons & SCIC #68

Chevrons are all the rage right now!  I love them in handbags, clothing, pillows and of course - paper crafts!!  Stampin' Up! has embraced the popularity of chevrons and I couldn't be happier!  This month's Inspiration Challenge over at Stampin' Celebration is all about chevrons as well!  Here's my take on this month's challenge:


Products Used:
Stamps:  Hearts a Flutter, Best of Greetings (#133485)
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Wisteria Wonder
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Hearts a Flutter Framelits (#130159), Chevron Embossing Folder, Bitty Banners Framelits (#129267)

Here is the inspiration photo challenge over at the Stampin' Celebration Blog:


You have all month to play along with this challenge!  A sketch challenge will be posted on the 15th - stop by and join us!

I made the card for my sweet 92 year old grandma who is in the hospital.  Two days before she was supposed to fly here to see my boys play lacrosse and baseball, she fell and broke her hip and collar bone.  :(  We were all so sad and disappointed.  She is the cutest thing ever and I know she could use a little pick me up.  I mailed this card along with two swatch books I made in MDS of the boys playing their sports.  She is still in the hospital and now has pneumonia and congestive heart failure.  Praying she gets better soon.  (And wishing we didn't live clear across the States from each other.)

Do you like the sentiment I used in my card?  Stampin' Up! is celebrating their 25 year Anniversary wit a special stamp set each month.  They contain older (retired) stamps plus one new stamp in each set.  The one I used above is from the Best of Greetings Stamp Set.  There's a new one for July - Best of Shelli.  It's super cute:


Each stamp set comes with a Collector's Card.  For every six "best of" sets you buy, you'll receive a FREE stamp set of your choice valued up to $14.95.  You can shop all of these stamp sets in my Online Store here.

Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!

Reminders:

Signature - Tree

1 comment:

Wendie Waldman said...

Just love this card. When I saw this over at SCS I scrolled down and saw the creator was you!